Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Cross My Mind" music video shoot!

SO... today was day 2 of 2 of the "Cross My Mind" video shoot. I probably should have blogged about it when I was fully awake (and considering it wrapped up almost 12 hours ago), but I got caught up trying to take over the world this evening :-).

Anyways, it was certainly a lot of fun. Very guerilla-style (what does that even mean?), in that we only used one camera, three locations/scenes, the help of a few friends and the "love interest" was played by... my actual love interest, LOL. Which only made it that much more special :-)

Self-editor's note: Ugh... I really gotta stop with the lol's and the smiley faces... I'll try to remember that I'm writing a blog, not a text message.

Exciting times are here! This music video will be ready for release by mid-November, the single itself is coming out next week (featuring a special guest!) and I knocked a musical theatre audition out of the park on Monday. Auditions are usually my worst enemies, so whether I get the part or not, I'm feeling pretty damn good about it either way! Sorry, can't tell you what it's for yet, just send those prayers up and hopefully I'll be inviting you to come watch me in it next Spring!

I am well loved, well supported and blessed. I wish I could thank everyone who I hold responsible for the good feelings I'm feeling right now, but the list would go on forever. So for now, let me thank everyone who made "Cross My Mind", the song and the video, come through to fruition:

Silver Roland (co-writer/producer/engineer), Francisco Fuentes (video director/producer), Janee Olivia & Skillz 3 from "Thank The Academy" (my bandmates in the video... and for reals!), Sonic Boom and Kensington Cornerstone Restaurant (for letting us shoot in your venues with a moment's notice), Sheree & Rosie (makeup artists), BettyKissStyle (styling consult) and of course, my 'love interest'  - aka my favourite person in the whole world.

More thank yous to come, you all know that you all deserve them! This is but a chapter... just another day... just a moment in time. And I am eternally grateful to be able to share my life with you in this way... through music. xox



No comments:

Post a Comment